C18 Zoom class for beginners Wed night from 6.30 pm from 10/5/23
This class will cover the basics of starting to weave on a shafted loom
Learn to weave... the very basics
These are beginning weaving classes, for people with no previous experience of weaving. Classes allow you to learn new techniques and then improve your technique in the following weeks.
Lessons will cover:
Project 1. Weaving a plain weave scarf
- how to calculate the right number of threads
- how to wind a warp
- how to put the warp on the loom
- good weaving techniques
- several finishing techniques
Project 2 A Twill sampler
- explains all the basics on how to get the beat right,
- how to find the last pick when you loose your place in your sequence,
- how to see a mistake
- how to unweave quickly
- how to read a draft,
- how to interpret useful books and most important,
- how to design interesting patterns for the next projects
Project 3 Use the information gained to weave a project of your own in plain weave or twill.
You need a 4 shaft loom ( not rigid heddle or frame loom) to complete these lessons Email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an equipment list, so that you know how to prepare, and which yarns to purchase.
Photos show my work and Sarah's twill sample in pale blue and grey from the last class. Thank you Sarah.